Monday, August 23, 2010

two weeks notice.

While there is still no official countdown, the time is surely flying by.

Today I told my boss that I will be leaving. I gave my 3-weeks notice. My last day will be September 10. That will give me almost 2 work-free weeks to get my things in order. Hopefully I'll have a chance to relax for a little bit before the madness begins. ....But mostly, I am anticipating the madness.
My boss was happy for me when I told her that I'd be leaving. She doesn't care that she will be shorter-staffed. She is just excited that I'm pursuing my dream. I think she gets frustrated when young people take jobs there and settle into a routine and never move up and onto better things. And, as I told so many people so many times, they didn't have to worry about me. I had my sights set on what I wanted. The timing was the tricky part. And the year of patience has definitely paid off.

The Satuday after my last day, I am going to have a going away picnic/thing. I am excited for it. I just hope people show up. haha. I'll invite everyone from work, and my family and friends (these categories are not necessarily mutually exclusive). It will be a nice time to see everybody before I go. Ah... I almost can't believe it!

I better get cracking with my preparations... I just don't know what I should be doing!

1 comment:

  1. Pack your suitcase twice - like a week or two in advance (it's good to forget you own the "Spain clothes" because they're all your going to see for awhile... I threw all the clothes and stuff I wanted into my suitcases, then let it sit there for a week, then repacked it the night before and added/ subtracted.
    I hope your barbeque is way fun! and I can't wait to hear more as time progresses.

    ReplyDelete