Friday, August 27, 2010

freak in. freak out.

here is my obligatory "freak out" for the week:

  • I have been having really bad back pain. I mean, it hurts to stand, it hurts to sit, it hurts to bend. I can feel it in my legs. It sucks. I went to the chiropractor today, and it is still killing me. I have been taking naproxen religiously for the last 3 days. And.... I am just wondering what I am going to do if/when this happens to me in Spain. I won't have the option to call up the chiropractor in a state of emergency to be seen that day. I'll have to suffer through it, I guess.
  • I overdrew my account. Great. I am living at home and working 40 hours a week. How will I manage when I am living abroad, by myself, and making only 700Euro/month?! (I won't, however, have a problem working a mere 12 hours weekly. That's what I'm talking about... yaknowwhatimsayin?)
  • I just generally don't know what I am doing. I don't know what my duties are going to be yet. I don't know what it's going to be like to teach high-schoolers. I don't know how to teach English (or anything for that matter).
blaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. The worst part is the waiting, and the initial change. Once I settle down a bit over there, I won't feel this way. It's the fear of the unknown that is the most frightening. And at the same time, the excitement of the unknown is what fuels my daydreams...

but in the meantime... this dang back of mine needs to stop trying to kill me.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa buddy.
    Actually, you will be able to call a chiropractor (quiropráctico) if you can afford to spend around 40-50€.
    You could also go to acupunctura. Which might be helpful.
    You'll have to be thrifty in Spain. Y ya está. Punto.

    :)
    stepping onto something new is always scary. Just remember to give yourself time to adjust to all the ways it's not how you thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete